A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Monday 6 May 2013

Homemade Playdoh














This was admittedly a very on the huff organised activity. It started relatively simply by me having to make pizza dough for dinner. Before I knew it wee man was rolling his sleeves up (literally) to get his hands stuck in to "help" mummy out. So I decided to check out how easy it was to make home made play doh. Unfortunately to me it's actually very easy! There was a no cook version: 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup salt and 1/2 cup water then some food colouring to brighten things up. Unfortunately I only had yellow but I ran with it. Making the dough is all part of the fun and we were a mess before we even started. So much for me thinking this would be a relatively clean messy play idea! I found some cookie cutters (admittedly of the Christmas variety) and off we went. It was a lot of fun just pushing the cutters into the dough and not really worrying about making shapes. The best bits seemed to be squishing your fingers in and then flicking the dough off so it ended up everywhere! (must add more flour next time!). As usual it was all about process instead of end result as the only thing I have to show for my hard work is messy trousers and some play doh stored in a tight container for next time!

Inspired by the lovely Mammasaurus and the Creative Project.

10 comments:

  1. I love it! I love it! Playdoh has been on my list of things to make for yonks now but I must admit I've been a bit worried I'll just end up with a gloopy mess. You have given me the kick up the bottom I need - I will make some this week - I will.
    Besides Ozzy has been playing with his playdoh cutters out in the gravel it's been so long since we have any playdoh -the poor boy.
    This looks like so much fun - really sensory stuff x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sensory is a really good word for this! It really is easy to make and you can mess about till you get the right consistency but be warned that making it is part of the messy fun!

      Delete
  2. That looks like it was a lot of fun - I've never tried home made play dough before, but you have me tempted. I love that last shot with his eye looking up! :o).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I've never made this but it looks really easy to make and I bet z would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make it when I worked in a nursery but I always buy it for Bob as I can't be bothered. How naughty! I did give her some leftover biscuit dough once but the butter melted and it got very messy! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mah! I think the store bought is just as good...I was just rolling with a flow here to get his hands out my pizza dough!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...