A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Tuesday 23 March 2010

Whole Fish with rosemary, garlic and parmesan crumbs

So I guess technically this is a continuation of the previous post. My thoughts on buying fresh fish developed from the fact that that is exactly what I was doing yesterday. I guess I should mention that in Auckland maybe I should do research first before going to buy fish because I am lucky if I recognise the names of fish here! Snapper...always get snapper...hmmm mullet...oh ok recognise that one...SOLD!

On the menu today from Julie Biuso

Whole Fish with rosemary, garlic and parmesan crumbs

Recipe
1.2kg whole white fish or fish of you choice gutted and scaled
3tbsp olive oil
1tsp fennel seeds
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
2tbsp rosemary leaves
1/2tsp salt
1tbsp lemon juice
2tbsp dried breadcrumbs (or use panko crumbs)
2tsp freshly grated parmesan
Lemon wedges to serve

Method
  1. Rinse fish thoroughly, drain briefly then pat dry with paper towels. For dressing, mix oil, fennel seeds, garlic, rosemary, salt and lemon juice together in a bowl.
  2. Line a large roasting tin with a piece of tinfoil, then a piece of baking paper, each large enough to wrap around the fish. Put the fish on the paper and spoon over the dressing. Sprinkle with crumbs and parmesan. Firstly wrap fish in paper then foil, without turning it over.
  3. Preheat oven to 200C and cook fish for about 30 minutes.
  4. When cooked, fold back the foil and baking paper and carefully slide fish onto a heated serving platter. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
For me definitely an experience to repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...