A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Friday 16 July 2010

Keeping cool in summer


Trying to do so much here to keep cool this summer. The day from early morning to late night never seems to want to drop below 30. I notice the little kids downstairs in their swim suits playing with water to keep cool. I remember when it was me and my friends on our street in Jamaica begging some parent to allow us to turn on the sprinkler so we could run through it continuously with our swimsuits on. Then they were kiskopops! In the UK they call them ice lollies, in Italy there is ice-cream. Then there is watermelon...


I only remember getting a small pieces and using my hands. Here in Italy you get usually a rather large piece and a knife and fork! It's big, red and juicy which ever way you serve it. Can't get enough of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...