A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Monday 12 November 2012

Don't disrespect the babysitter


So my wee man watches his fair share of television. Actually his viewing skills have diverged and developed which is pretty interesting as we don't have a TV.  So I guess I am probably the one to blame by introducing it to him! Now I am in a situation where he will at times ask for it or maybe even *whispers* cry for it. We are officially watching CBeebies and current favourites include "In the Night Garden", "Waybaloo" and "Baby Jake". You see television watching has admittedly been very useful to me! It sometimes gets us through meals, it allows me to get chores done while he is occupied and dare I admit it have the occasional cup of tea. It is also a very good friend to a poorly baby. It is in many ways the greatest babysitter. I don't worry too much about it because at the moment we are also out and about a great deal and I personally hate to be stuck inside and my wee man appears to be the same. Recently you will even find us out and about in the dark!


Hubby has some difficulties with his current viewing choices as they are "silly" and not "educational". I on the other hand get involved and learn the songs because it is keeping him entertained. I often hear people ridiculing the characters but my wee man loves them.  I know there are some who recommend not to watch TV before they are 3! They have not visited my house at certain times of the day to obviously understand why I have chosen to let him watch the Tombiloo's loosing their trousers. I have never been one to obey " the rules" anyway. I personally say don't disrespect the babysitter because they might decide to quit and what will I do then?




11 comments:

  1. Tombiliboos not Tombiloos! You obvouisly haven't been watching it close enough!
    Yes TV is the best babysitter, I found there was a real phase of addiction between 18 months and 2.5, then they're not too bothered about it again. Something Special is really good, Laila loved it from about Francesco's age and it was good for language (and signing) skills. If you can watch DVDs on your computer then Baby Einstein is excellent, and hubby will like it I promise! It's educational and full of Mozart too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually I have a feeling I've spelt Tombiliboos wrong too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh its tombliboos! oops. Yes Baby Einstein is a clear favourite in this house! Will check out Something Special.

      Delete
  3. I think a little bit here and there is fine. Everything in moderation blah blah blah... lol x I tried to be that mum that never had the telly on, then I put in the night garden on for the first time when she was about 7/8 months old and she laughed and smiled so much that now we watch it most nights! Whatever makes her happy and gives me 20 minutes peace is good with me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cbeebies regularly babysits Bob too! Sometimes I think too much but we also do lots of other things so I don't worry. Peace is hard to come by. :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have recently adopted a "no TV during the week philosophy". It's a little difficult. We spend a lot of time doing other activities, but the TV is a great helper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hope as he gets older he won't want to be glued to the television. We certainly try to limit the amount of time he gets to watch and direct him to other activities which certainly works at the moment.

      Delete
  6. Nothing wrong with TV and it is educational too, everything in moderation and I know you enjoy outdoor play too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is one thing I do is try and watch it together so we can learn something! We certainly do like being outdoors but with these dark nights we find ourselves home a bit earlier in the evenings :(

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...