A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Tuesday 15 June 2010

Take a chance on Chris Cleave

I picked up this book from the library purely because it was recommended to me by amazon! Actually part of me does not want to give anything away except to say that for me, as I have read many bad reviews of this book, Cleave is a great story teller and well this was a good book. Yet all I  had to go on when I picked it up was what it said on the cover:
"We don't want to tell you too much about this book. It is a truly special story and we don't want to spoil it. Nevertheless, you need to know something, so we will just say this: It is extremely funny, but the African beach scene is horrific. The story starts there, but the book doesn't. And it's what happens afterwards that is most important. Once you have read it, you'll want to tell everyone about it. When you do, please don't tell them what happens either. The magic is in how it unfolds."
Reading this did not so much build up my expectations so much as my intrigue. So now I myself don't want to give anything away. I thought the story line itself was deep and meaningful which is maybe what kept me hooked and might keep you hooked too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...