A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Wednesday 10 July 2013

Mummy's little helper

So maybe it's not a milestone and maybe it's not an amazing achievement but I like to think of it as a sign of my wee man growing up, wanting a little bit of responsibility, feeling independent and being able to take care of himself. Being only 2 I don't ask or expect too much from him but he has really led the way in showing a willingness to give of his own personal time and effort. What am I talking about? Well helping out about the house of course. He is great at setting the table and can pretty much be directed to do it all himself. His favourite admittedly is cleaning and maybe sometimes he can go a bit over the top and want to clean after every little spillage. There is nothing better than getting out the spray and wipe to clean our tables. Next in line is doing a bit of sweeping and he usually takes over if he catches me doing it. So mummies listen up my wee man is turning to be a perfect catch! :)





Ethans Escapades



11 comments:

  1. So sweet, I think it is great to get them involved at an early age whilst they still see it as fun rather than a chore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless him - so lovely that he wants to help you! Ozzy is at that age at the moment but sadly Kitty has gone through it now- though in fairness to her she's always offering to water the tomato plants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely helpful little man you have. My two year old 'helped' me yesterday by emptying an almost entire can of furniture polish on the wallpaper *sigh* want to swap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Aaron loves cleaning hoovering and tidying too :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah how lovely Sabrina. Although, I have to say he'll still be quite a catch even without doing domestic chores. There will be a queue of girls at your door when he's older :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bless him..... hope he remembers this when he's a teenager! At least you have him well trained for now :o).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you're getting him well trained! :)

    We're not a million miles away from Glasgow. We moved from Edinburgh to South Lanarkshire about a year and a half ago now & live in Forth, a wee village a few miles north of Lanark. Handy for the A71, M8 & M74.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, that's so cute. It's so lovely when they want to help. My little man has got really into helping when we change his sisters nappy lately. Ad he loves to play with the handheld Hoover! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bless him he is so good. Mads likes to clean as well, well she likes to dust! And she also has a mini hoover that she uses whenever i hoover too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this, you wouldn't mind sending him over here would you?! I have given up on housework a long time ago as my little one won't let me do it, I'm not aloud to leave his side!

    Thanks for linking up with Small Steps Amazing Achievements :0)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...