A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Tuesday 21 October 2014

A question of love and attention

Bump 23 weeks 
The one thing I have enjoyed about this pregnancy is not spending too much time questioning what kind of mum I'm going to be. I have not touched a book about parenthood, been tempted to buy a parenting magazine or got caught up in parenting forum debates. I know very well every child is different and I'm sure she is probably going to throw things at me that I have not been confronted with before. I figure I have plenty of time to question what to do once she is born. I do secretly hope to be more relaxed about facing it but definately plan not to be so hard on myself. I surprise myself by being excited about how different her personality and character will be and it's a fun guessing game discussion with daddy.

There is one question that inevitably raises it's head with number two though and it seems to be a question of love. Will I care and love my second as much as my first? How is this new bundle going to fit into our family of 3? It's the one thing that you know for sure you do right by your child by loving them unconditionally. There is plenty of love here though I think and I can already feel the bond growing with this wriggling bump.

One thing the wee man definitely has at the minute is all of my attention. I can't help but wonder how it will be for him when he suddenly has to share it. Lots of people ask me actually how does he feel about it and all I can really say is he seems okay. He definately has not said he does not want a baby sister and sometimes he even says "my baby." He is speaking so sweetly about it at the minute and gives my bump plenty of cuddles and kisses. We include him as much as possible in this journey and hope that always keeping him involved will help. He is generally great with babies and I can see him being a good brother. At the end of the thoughts in my head though I will just never really know until she gets here.

1 comment:

  1. I think your boy will be absolutely fine.... there's going to be about 3 years between them isn't there? That's a really nice age difference and he should be old enough to understand.... If I'd had a second, I wouldn't have bothered with the baby books either - most are an absolute waste of time! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...