A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Monday 25 January 2010

I scream

You scream, we all scream, for ice cream. Ok so ice cream is definitely one of my very favourite things. I remember in Jamaica when the guy would drive down the road on his motorbike, beeping his horn, shouting "Nutty buddy, ice cream cake, choco bar". I loved ice cream cake but boy you had to eat it quick cause it started melting and more than likely you would start making a real mess of things. I think at some point there was then the upgrade to the ice cream van and which child do you know who does not succumb to the music like to the pied piper of Hamlin. I actually hate when people ask me what's your favourite flavour...you know those questionnaires which tell others all about like....I'm like hello...it's all good....it's ice cream! OK so I tend to choose chocolate over vanilla, but I really like coffee sometimes and when I'm in Italy I am even a little partial to the more fruity flavours. Now don't get me started about Italian ice cream and the way it just drives me crazy with the amount of choices they have . You stand and stare for ages just trying to decide which one and wonder if it would look bad if you come back later to try another flavour or maybe you can just have an assortment of flavours with a five scoop tower! OK maybe I am getting a little bit out of hand here but seriously it's ice cream we are talking about. Italian ice cream of course keeps it real!

While living in Glasgow we rented a flat and it did not have a freezer so I was pretty much denied ice cream for 6 years unless we were out and it was an odd sunny day or we had it for dessert at a restaurant. Here in Auckland we have a big fridge and a proper freezer and finally we always have ice cream in stock. It just makes me feel good to know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...