A mum and a wife and sometimes just me


Wednesday 11 May 2011

Nesta Robert "Bob" Marley, OM (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981)

A special Guardian playlist marking the 30th anniversary of Marley's Death

It is hard to ignore what Bob Marley did for music and did for Jamaica. Tell someone you come from Jamaica and they say two things "Bob Marley" and "You smoke weed". I always remember Bob Marley being played early in the morning hours at the end of a session (party) to slowly wind things down. When I finished high school for some reason all the 11th graders started singing "Redemption Song" to mark our freedom from the pink prison aka Immaculate Conception High School.


"My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen."
                                                                   Bob Marley

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...